Monday, February 6, 2012

(Sara) It's Really Happening!

This past weekend, our peer Vision Team group (a different team of Best Buy employees) made their trip to Guatemala.  All of us on team GuatemAll-In have been watching their progress via a Tumblr site set up for them to document the ins and outs of being a Common Hope Vision Team on the ground in Antigua.  It's been so inspiring to see photos and read their first-hand accounts of what they're doing down there.  And it's made me realize...that our trip is really happening! 

Today marks the 5th anniversary of the date that my brother and sister-in-law took custody of my niece Molly, who spent the first 10 months of her life living in a fantastic foster home in Guatemala City.  Molly was well-cared for and loved by her foster family, which was such a comfort to our entire family. 

Between our peer Vision Team's arrival in Antigua, and this anniversary date that is so special to my family, I feel a renewed sense of purpose for why I wanted to be part of team GuatemAll-In.  I think I can probably speak for our entire team when I say that so much of our time and energy relative to this trip has been focused on the fundraising.  And so, perhaps, the actual end-goal has been a little obscured behind planning events and counting dollars & cents.  But knowing that our peer team is there, doing the kind of work we'll be doing, has been an eye-opener.  And with just about 6 weeks to go before we leave for Antigua, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment