Tuesday, February 14, 2012

(Jodi) Whatta Night!

I'm still recovering from our event at Shaw's. Voodoo Butter and Pioneer Son were two distinct bands that played very different music. I loved the energy that both bands brought to the evening. It was a great night for lots of reasons. We celebrated a milestone with many of our friends and family that have supported us throughout the first phase of our mission. It was fun to hang out with my vision team members and get to know them better in a very relaxed environment and finally, because we are now ready to move into the next phase of planning... the real stuff that feeds the soul.

I am so thrilled and humbled by the support we have received from so many people. One of my co-workers offered to teach us Spanish phrases so we'll be able to engage in some common conversations. That is so thoughtful! A friend and co-worker has hooked me up with potential transportation to the airport! I can't believe I'm thinking about that! Okay... so I'm a planner. I can believe it.

Brianna from Common Hope is coming out to see us on Thursday. We will start planning our activities for when we are on the ground in Guatemala. We are so close to making this a reality! I'll be meeting with our peer vision team leader on Thursday and can't wait to hear about their trip. How is it that I am so lucky in this life?

No comments:

Post a Comment